Yoga is a serious discipline that provides relief for battered bodies and racing minds.
Yoga isn’t just a hobby for bored housewives or sorority sisters.
Yoga and meditation provide real relief for people who are dealing with chronic pain. Constant stress. Fatigue. Irritability or aggression. Insomnia. Trouble concentrating. Hypervigilance. Feeling emotionally numb. Anxiety. Depression.
I’m Lisa, and I help men and women learn to quiet their minds, ease their pain, and get their lives back.
Many of my clients are military veterans or trauma survivors. Anyone who is dealing with stress or symptoms that are interfering with their lives.
I became a yoga teacher because I struggled with trauma related symptoms – and yoga, meditation, and travel were critical to my healing process.
My job is to help people make a mind-body connection to give them the tools they need to manage stress, anxiety, and pain
I have been working with the military community for almost 15 years and I am passionate about working with servicemen and women because I witnessed firsthand the sacrifices they make. I spent two years in Afghanistan working with the military and I’ve seen friends struggle with the aftermath of combat, PTS, and suicide.
I love being able to share these tools for self-healing and post traumatic growth with others who struggle with the aftermath of trauma. While I am dedicated to helping anyone dealing with trauma related symptoms, I believe that absolutely everyone can benefit from the practice of yoga and meditation.
I teach yoga and meditation because I know what it is to feel disconnected and if I can help someone find some healing, relief, and reconnect with themselves, then I am fulfilling my purpose.
Education and Training
- E-RYT 200, RYT 500, Yoga Alliance Registry ID 173541
- Certified iRest® Instructor
- Doctoral Candidate, Yoga Philosophy, Hindu University of America
- Certified Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher
- Yin Yoga, 40 Hours
- Taoist Flow with Master Paulie Zink, Level One, 100 Hours
- Yoga for Amputees, 20 hours
- Veteran Yoga Project, Level One
- Warriors at Ease, Level Three (in progress)
- Warriors at Ease, Yoga and Meditation for Survivors of Military Sexual Trauma
- Bootstrap® Certified Instructor
- Yoga Anatomy with Leslie Kaminoff
- Inner Peace Yoga Therapy 800 Hour Certification (in progress)
- Master of Arts, Liberal Studies Georgetown University
- Bachelor of Arts, Humanities, The University of Akron
- Owner, Kalaheo Yoga since 2017
- Lead Instructor, Kauai Yoga Group Teacher Training Program 2018/19
- Yoga Instructor since 2014
- Adjunct Faculty, Hillsborough Community College (intermittent)
- Government Contract Manager for Department of Defense Contracts since 2002: Washington, DC, Tampa, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Korea, Hawaii